I’ve mentioned before how much I love music. I’ve been a music lover for as long as I can remember. I sang in choirs, travelled with choirs, and was pursuing a degree in music when I got pregnant with Noah. Although I no longer sing for anyone other than Noah, I still love music. Music and lyrics can cheer me up, make me feel less alone, or remind me of a particular moment in my life.
Over a year ago, I previously shared a list of songs with you that I enjoy. In this post, I’m updating, adding to that list, and creating a new list of my personal favorite top 25 songs that relate to adoption, remind me of my love for Charlie, or somehow apply to life as a birthmom. I’m also going one step further this time and linking you to the lyrics of the song.
Some of these songs may specifically relate to adoption while other songs may relate more to the love a mother has for her child or life as a birthmother. Sometimes it’s not the whole song that necessarily touches me, but a particular verse or the chorus.
- Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
- I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack
- If My Heart Had Wings by Faith Hill
- How do I Live Without You by LeAnn Rimes
- The Promise by Tracy Chapman
- God Speed (also known as Sweet Dreams) by Dixie Chicks
- I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan
- Lullaby in Blue by Bette Midler
- Find your Wings by Mark Harris
- My Heart will Go On by Celine Dion
- Forever Young by Bob Dylan
- Think of Me by Mark Schultz
- One Sweet Day by Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey
- What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts
- Hold on for One More Day by Wilson Phillips
- What Might Have Been by Little Texas
- One More Day by Diamond Rio
- My Wish by Rascal Flatts
- Held by Natalie Grant
- Pray for Me by Michael W. Smith
- Butterfly by Mariah Carey
- I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
- Secret by Reba McIntire
- Voice In My Head by Dixie Chicks
- Everything to Me by Mark Schultz
What is your favorite song that is related to adoption or a mother’s love?